Oral suspension for the symptomatic treatment of acute diarrhoea and chronic IBS diarrhoea.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Enterosgel® is an oral intestinal adsorbent (enterosorbent). It is based on organic mineral with adsorption capacity towards some toxic and harmful substances in the gut (e.g. endotoxins, enterotoxins), physically binding them to its surface, reducing stool frequency and duration of diarrhoea.
Enterosgel® is expelled from the body with the stool, this way eliminating the adsorbed toxins and harmful substances,which can be beneficial for treatment of indicated conditions of acute diarrhoea and chronic IBS diarrhoea.
Enterosgel® is an oral suspension indicated for the symptomatic treatment of acute diarrhoea and chronic diarrhoea associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Preservatives, gluten, sugar, sweeteners, lactose, fat, flavours, colouring, plant or animal-derived ingredients.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
For Oral Administration:
- Take Enterosgel® treatment 2 hours before or after a meal and taking oral medications.
- Shake the tube well before opening and each use.
- Dilute the dose in water of room temperature prior to its administration.
- 1–3 years old it is advisable to consult a doctor prior to use of Enterosgel®.
- 1–6 years old: 5g (approximately 1 teaspoon) diluted in 50–100ml of water 3 times a day.
- 7–14 years old: 10g (approximately 2 teaspoons) diluted in 50–100ml of water 3 times a day.
For Children 15+ and Adults:
- 15g to 22.5g (approximately 1 tablespoon) diluted in 200ml of water 3 times a day.
DURATION OF TREATMENT
Duration of treatment with Enterosgel® is 3–5 days for acute diarrhoea and up to 21 days for chronic IBS diarrhoea diagnosed by a doctor.
Do not take Enterosgel®, if you have intestinal atony (severe constipation due to bowel obstruction), intestinal blockage, intolerance based on prior use of Enterosgel®, or if you are currently using modified-release orally administrated medications.
Known side effects:
In cases of acute diarrhoea accompanied by fever, especially in children, seek medical advice as soon as possible.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Enterosgel® can be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding. It is advisable to consult with your healthcare professional if you are unwell during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children
- Close the lid of the tube tightly after opening and after each use to avoid drying.
- Use tube within 30 days after opening.
- Do not use after the expiry date on the package.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store Enterosgel® at temperature between 4°C and 30°C.
- Do not freeze.
- Keep away from direct sunlight and heat.
- The expiration date on the package refers to the unopened product when properly stored.
Enterosgel® is based on organic mineral: 70% polymethylsiloxane polyhydrate, 30% purified water.
Shipping and Returns
Due to the nature of the product we do not accept any returns.